Is your dry and frizzy hair becoming too difficult to handle with each passing day? Well, the reason might just be the tons of damaging chemicals in those shampoos and hair serums you pick from the departmental store every month. It’s time to say goodbye to such harmful products and switch to a natural and pure hair treatment method— one that uses a CBD-infused product.
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the most popularly used ingredients in a wide range of wellness products nowadays and is known to have multiple therapeutic effects on human health.
Many studies have shown that this compound can also have a holistic effect on your hair health in the long run. And that’s exactly what we’ll be talking about in this all-inclusive guide. So, let’s get started!
Why should you use CBD oil for hair?
Incorporate some CBD oil into your daily hair care regime, and your tresses are sure to be healthy and happy for the years to come. Here’s how— CBD comprises a combination of amino and fatty acids like Omega 6, Omega 9, and Omega 3 that boost hair growth and double up as a moisturizing agent too.
Thus, CBD impacts your hair follicles, improving the scalp for healthy growth and preventing the hair from weakening with time. Another beneficial aspect is the antioxidant content of CBD, which helps prevent hair damage and boosts overall body immunity too.
And that’s not all. CBD helps cease skin build-up on your scalp and prevents the flaking tendency associated with seborrheic dermatitis and other similar skin conditions. You even get absolutely smooth hair irrespective of the type, be it straight, curly, fine, or wavy.
Keeping your scalp nourished is another important lookout when it comes to hair care. CBD comes with a couple of beneficial nutrients that aid in the process. Side by side, platinum CBD oil doesn’t make the scalp too greasy, so your hair stays clean and beautiful throughout.
Not to forget that using CBD for your hair boosts blood flow in your hair follicles, which provides more nutrients and oxygen to the scalp to ensure it stays healthy and promotes steady growth.
Applying CBD oil to your daily hair routine
When you know how to apply CBD oil the right way, you can start seeing benefits in a few months. Here’s a simple guide to applying CBD oil for soft, silky, and shiny hair:
- Deep scalp massages: You can never say no to a deep massage on the scalp— it’s so relaxing! Scalp massages have the power to ease tension and stress, and can even help promote hair growth. The ideal mix for CBD oil hair massages comprises rosemary essential oil, CBD oil, and the carrier oil of your choice. Make sure to wet your hair before applying the oil mixture to your scalp, and massage it for 2-3 minutes. Complete the process with a thorough rinse, and style your hair just as you want.
- Conditioning: In all probability, you’re already using a conditioner for your daily hair wash routine. Try adding some CBD oil to the conditioner— rest assured that it would be perfectly safe as the hemp extract used is fully organic, vegan, and gluten-free. The daily troubles of having to comb rough hair will soon be gone, thanks to the intense moisturizing properties of the hemp plant. As a result, your hair will feel silky and smooth throughout.
- Overnight treatment: Sensing the need for some extra pampering for your hair? An overnight hair treatment using a CBD hair product can help those struggling with brittle or dry hair regularly. All you’ll need is a deep massage of platinum CBD oil or any other variety of the oil from the root to the tip. Follow this by tying your hair loosely with a hairband before you go to bed. With regular massages before sleep, your hair will stay nourished and beautiful— just the way you would want.
What is the ideal CBD dosage for hair?
A study conducted in 2021 revealed that CBD can promote hair growth in those suffering from androgenic alopecia. This condition involves hair loss in a pattern due to aging and genetic factors. For this study, the subjects were treated with 3-4 mg of CBD daily, and they experienced a 93.5% boost in hair in just six months.
Do note that while the best dosage varies based on an individual’s health, CBD experts generally recommend applying a CBD hair product with 2 to 5 mg to the scalp daily. You might as well start with a low dosage and increase it gradually as per your needs.
Some other CBD hair care tips and tricks
- Pre-styling serum with CBD – To make this serum at home, you’ll need to combine CBD with jojoba oil, argan oil, and sweet almond oil. Mix these three ingredients in a small glass bottle and then apply CBD, and your serum will be ready for use. You can apply a bit to damp hair prior to styling, and then set your hair as desired.
- Leave-in conditioner – A homemade leave-in conditioner is the perfect means of keeping your hair healthy and maintaining steady growth. With such a conditioner, your hair gets prolonged hydration and doesn’t get tangled, leaving it shiny, manageable, and soft.The recipe requires 1 ounce each of aloe vera gel, shea butter, and coconut oil, 20 drops of CBD oil, and 5 drops of lavender essential oil. Start by melting the shead butter and coconut oil in a microwave, then add the aloe vera gel, and stir the ingredients. Next, add the CBD oil and lavender essential oil, and stir the mixture again. You’ll then have to let the mixture cool and solidify for a while. Applying the conditioner is simple— use a small amount on your damp hair while applying more on the ends, and then comb through. On a side note, make sure you don’t rinse out the oil soon to get the best results.
- Homemade CBD hair oil – Strengthening and protecting your hair can become easier through this CBD hair oil recipe. Make sure to gather sweet almond oil, avocado oil, and castor oil for the purpose. Mix 1 ounce of each of the oils with 20 drops of CBD and shake them well. Finally, massage the oil on your hair and scalp, ensuring it’s thoroughly applied on the ends. You may leave the oil for at least 30 minutes or keep it overnight to reap the maximum benefits.
CBD-infused products are undoubtedly one of the safest and most reliable remedies to a range of hair problems. However, following the right nutrition plan and healthy day-to-day habits are two prerequisites for getting the results you seek.
That’s why it’s best to combine regular exercise and a healthy diet with your daily CBD hair treatment schedules. Go ahead and try out the tips we’ve talked about in the guide, and do let us know your experience in the comments section below. Till then, take care!